Vladymere
(.300 member)
16/03/16 10:35 AM
Early Sporterized Military Mauser, Kar. 71

I know that this rifle will not be everybody’s cup of tea and though not made by Mauser this is a Mauser designed rifle. The rifle is a sporterized, all numbers matching,Steyer manufactured Kar. 71 (model 1871 Karibiner) in its original 11.15x60R mm made in 1876 and issued in 1877 and unknown as to when sporterized. I do wonder if this was not perhaps a “catalog” gun found in
Akah or similar.

The stock is the original military stock that has had the forearm shortened, a pistol grip inlet into the wrist and the rear sling and buttplate tang inletting filled.

The original rear sight was removed and a single standing leaf fixed rear sight dove tailed into the barrel nock’s form.

The trigger assembly has been replaced with a double set trigger in a shotgun bow style trigger guard.

I have replaced the original badly mouse chewed, worm eaten horn butt plate with a hard rubber butt plate that closely resembles the original in design.

The barrel retains its original length and front sight, has a fine crown and retains sharp lands and grooves.

Following are photos of this “guild” or “trade” rifle.

Vlad

Contact Us NitroExpress.com