Wanabebwana
(.300 member)
05/03/16 09:22 AM
Re: Husqvarna M46B

Thanks. There is nothing wrong with the 9.3x57 especially handloaded. To install a scope they need to be drilled and tapped and the bolt handle has to be bent or replaced. A low swing safety or new trigger with side safety needs to be installed. I have several scoped hunting rifles so I keep these original and may shoot them once or twice just for kicks. My friend drilled and tapped his 640 in 9.3x62, installed two crossbolts and a 4x Leupold in QD Warne mounts.The bases are too high to use the iron sights so he will mill a channel down the center. Waiting for Beuhler type wing safety.
The blue is original on all my Huskys. The 146s have rust blue, the 640s have a black oxide finish. Being able to pick them in person is a big advantage because many have pitting,deep scratches and other imperfections that would require polishing and reblueing which is not cheap. Tony the owner is patient and lets me go through 5 or more to pick 1. These guns are well worth some sweat equity. Every year there are smaller numbers being imported from Sweden. They don't make them anymore and the FN98s rarely go back on the market when we get our hands on them.

Husqvarna 1939, 9.3x57

Contact Us NitroExpress.com