chapmen
(.300 member)
01/03/16 04:08 AM
Re: Mauser Model M in caliber .30-'06

Quote:

Chapman, the "Reichswehrmontage" as on Vladymere's rifle is completely different from the WW1"Danzig" as patented by Busch. I will look for photos of the Danzig one. On Vlad's "Reichswehr" or "Berliner" mount the front foot, cut out in a half circle shape, hooks under a corresponding half round dovetail on the front base. On the "Danzig" mount a circular disk under the front ring slipped into a shoe front base.

Thats right, i used the wrong words for what i mean.

The Danzig mount was the first mount that uses as front base an radial shaped disk piece that give an pivot axis. The basic idea was to get away from the expensive and individual made claw mounts.
Basicly it was an german patent, submitted 1915. I have gone through the database of the german patent office, only found the austrian patent dated 1919. The patent text opens up different shapes of front bases and different types to lock the back base.

For my opinion it is just an production question to make the disk on the scope side ore as front mount. Also it is an possibility to get around the Goerz Patent.

I only know the Goerz patent, havent seen one from Busch.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com