NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
30/01/16 04:46 AM
Re: Grandfather's .22

Sat outside in my backyard at dawn last Sunday and the little Mauser accounted for about nine bunnies. Five from the paddock near the house. Just sat there and shot them when they came out to play. Then decided to walk over the creek to the vineyards where there are a gazillion rabbits at the moment. Another handfull. Mostly from the headlands. But missed a few too. The .22 is not effective enough at longer ranges in the rows. The .222 shines here and is safer to as the RF tends to ricochet too much.

Five of the bunnies went into the freezer and one into Blitzen's stomach.

One magically disappeared. Shot in in the head in the paddock. I didn't disturb the paddocks as I just sat in the backyard waiting for more to appear while listening to an audiobook. Later when retrieving them, absolutely no sigb of it??? Perhaps a very sneaky fox picked it up???

I have a plague of rabbits in the vineyards at the moment, but it rained that last couple of days after a long long drought. When it heats up again, the fleas and mosquitos will breed up and the disease I suspect will knock them back. Most I have killed this summer have had few fleas, but the last couple were crawling with them.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com