Rino
(.300 member)
07/11/15 12:14 AM
Mauser custom rifle. "The 110 years 9,3X62 celebration proje

OK, I admit it. I am a gun nut!
I have always preciated nice bolt rifles shotguns and double rifles, but the only bolt rifles I have owned so far have been customized factory rifles like my Ruger RSMs. I don't mean that my rifles haven't been good enough, but there has been something missing.
They all miss "soul"..

The easy way to get a nice rifle with "soul" would be to buy a nice hand made custom rifle from a good gunsmith or, if I were "loaded", order one from Rigby or one of the other "well known" manufacturers.
Well, I'm not loaded, but would still like a nice rifle to carry in the bush. You know, "life is too short to hunt with an ugly rifle"

After years of thinking, wishing and more thinking I decided to do something about this, and since I can't afford an expensive custom rifle or a "best gun", my solution was to "build" one my self...

My choise of action for this build ended on the legendary Mauser 98 action, and a Lothar Walter barrel in 9,3 chambered for the excellent and very versatile 9,3X62, a caliber with a longer history in Africa than the 375 H&H. I also bought an exhibition grade walnut blank. I will get back with further details on the metal parts as trigger, safety, iron sights, scope mounts, floor plate etc.

This was never ment to be a post here, and i didnt take too many pictures during the progress of my work but I took a few to keep as memories. So- here is a few pictures I managed to take during the last months.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com