NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
06/06/15 10:42 PM
Grandfather's .22 Mauser Mm410 Light Sporter

My grandfather used to shoot and hunt a bit. Was a winner of the King's Shoot of the Stockwell Hunt Club three years or three years in a row (?). Won a fancy trophy for that honour.

My father has one of his shotguns, and my Uncle inherited the three other firearms. Anyway my Uncle decided he no longer wants to have a firearms licence, had sold off the farm decades ago and decided to sell the three firearms to me.

Nothing fancy, a Stevens 12 gauge shotgun with hammers. One hammer is broken off and needs to be found still. An unknown brand single barrel .410 shotgun of unusual design, very rusted. And a Mauser .22 rimfire with a magazine.

I remember getting excited by Joel Dorleac's fantastic customised Mauser .22 of his own, but my "new" rifle appears to be a different model.

Will see about posting some photos tomorrow. As I said nothing fancy at all, but valued by me the family history. Would be interested in more information about the Mauser .22 RF though.

Photo bomber Blitzen always gets in the action.

Fitted with a Leupold rimfire 2-7x scope and Leupold mounts on the integral dovetail.

Five shot magazine.

Rifle cocks on closing.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com