Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
14/06/14 10:21 PM
Re: J. Rigby & Co with Mauser creates – The Big Game Rifle

Mialls gunshop seem to be keen on turning customers away with their prices. They obviously think that nobody uses the internet. I to priced a standard Mauser 98 once with them and the price they wanted was just stupid. I could have bought a custom made Mauser from one of the good German gunmakers using a double square bridge Mauser action by Prechtl with light scroll engraving and imported it myself for less. Whenever they place a second hand gun for sale on one of the used gun sites it stays there for sale for ever. They must be very patient. If you ever have any work done there beware. They will give you a quote and when you go to pick it up they ask for a lot more. I once had some blueing done there and the job they did was great. I supplied the rifle completely stripped and in a segmented box with a list of parts supplied, in other words easy to quote. They quoted $200 and two weeks to do it. Two months later I cracked the shits and they did it but then wanted three hundred. I would have been happy to pay $300 but not when quoted $200. I have to stick to my quotes at work that I give to customers, so should they.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com