NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
02/04/14 10:38 PM
Re: J. Rigby & Co with Mauser creates – The Big Game Rifle

I borrowed this image because it is good and coming true.

Spoke to Mark Newton of John Rigby London tonight, and I am excited about the news from Rigby. Many of desires expressed by people on this thread will come true from the plans Rigby has.

Many have expressed the Big Game rifle is not a true vintage copy of some of the original Rigbys. That is true. The new rifle has better steel compared to some of the older rifles, the stock was made stronger to eliminate some of the problems original Rigby stocks had. Many of the vintage rifles ended up with cracked stocks, broken wrists etc. The stocks are better wood than the originals being Turkish kiln dried walnut. Yes the barrel is beefier, designed to reduce rifle whip and reaction time when shooting a .416.

The Big Game model is a Rigby working rifle, for the Professional Hunter, or the client wanting an English Mauser Magnum action rifle made for a good price. They are selling very well.

But the exciting news to many is a Vintage line of rifles will be released in the next two or three months. Some have been made already. The "Vintage" range of Rigby rifles will more closer match the vintage rifles of yesteryear, but with better wood and steel. They will be more expensive than the Big Game model but for a substantially London made Magnum bolt action rifle that is pretty much expected.

In addition Rigby also makes the "London Best" range to order. You get what you want.

And the Double Rifle Rising Bite is coming out again. Two have been made with about twenty underway. So the double rifle connoisseur will be satisfied as well. Twenty rifles is a substantial number of a rifle of this quality in the world of double rifles.

We will see more of these developments in the future months here on NitroExpress.com so stay tuned.

I think with all these developments the Old Rigby will truly be back.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com