kuduae
(.400 member)
12/09/13 03:43 AM
Re: A visit to Dorleac&Dorleac

Quote:

Sorry, Axel, you are wrong !
The front one is a light, blind magazine, 25-06 stalking rifle built on a much modified 96' action.
Gunship,
The 28" octagonal barreled Mauser "African Model" is a 8x60.
That fine rifle has been the subject of a post in "Mauser Forum Photo & Archive" under "Three interesting Original Mauser rifles" title.

Joel

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

Unless Fontainebleu's first name is "Axel" too, you are adressing the wrong person. I visited your nice and interesting shop too, Friday, July 12, while travelling past Perpignan. I had about an hour of very interesting talk with Mr. Dorleac senior, a very friendly and patient man. He allowed me to look over all of your shop and the wonderful things inside. Then I noticed the stock of that blind magazine M96 rifle hanging from the ceiling of your backroom workshop and asked about it. In the photo I saw it the first time in assembled state, but never thought it to be a Brevex action, as the small ring action and the cutout at the rear of the bolthandle are earmarks of the pre-98 Mausers. Mr. Dorleac sen. showed me the bottom metal he made for a Mauser .22 lr action. Would be nice to see a photo of that rifle in a completed state too some day.
Axel

Contact Us NitroExpress.com