deepwoods
(.275 member)
04/03/13 08:58 AM
Re: Mauser Type A 10.75x68

Regarding your comments Rigbymauser,
I would not turn away a type A such as the 10.75 in NZ if I had the opportunity to inspect the rifle prior to buying or had the oppotunity to return the rifle if the refinishing was not done in the period correct method for that rifle. That is assuming paying fair market value. If your paying well below fair market value and there is no return policy then it's a gamble. That rifle if refinished properly and matching is a bargain at $3000 NZ ($2474 US dollars). I only say this in having several bad experiences-one last year where a Mauser (type A 9.3X62mm 1922 mfgd.) "all matching" "professionally refinished slow rust blued" and "professionally oil refinished stock" rifle I purchased turned out when I received it had a cracked stock on the side of the pistol grip, bolt that had been renumbered (engraved) with no proofs, and also the stock appeared to be stained a very dark color. None of this was perceptable from the pictures sent to me. And none of this was in the long and very detailed written description. Fortunately he accepted the rifle back but it cost me $200. in shipping. The rifle is still for sale online if anyone would like to purchase it-but none of what I just told you is listed in the description even now. The rifle was refinished (in my opinion)to hide defects that would be obvious if the rifle had not been refinished. I have found that often times there is more of a reason a rifle was refinished than simply some dings and scratches in the stock and the blueing worn off the floorplate.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com