StephenCoker
(.300 member)
10/01/13 05:05 PM
Re: Just saw this at Tradeexcanada

Congrats Caprivi! I think no better value in classic guns exists! I got my first 146 while in College and have only added to them sense then.

A few months back, a friend and I were out confirming his loads shot to the sights of his 46 in 9.3x57. I had one of my 146's in 9.3x62 with me and we shot them side by side for a good while, waging war on steel plates and rocks from 100 - 300 yards. I will say in shooting the 57 v. 62 side by side, the 57 is just a joy to shoot. The 62 started to wear on me a bit after 15 or so rounds. It wasn't bad at all, but the difference was certainly noticed.

You most certainly need to lob a 9.3 projectile across the Serengeti at a pronghorn with it! I took the little doe below at exactly 300 steps a couple of weeks ago. It was my 5 year old's first hunting trip with Dad, and he was quite insistent we bring home a deer to cook. I practice with my 9.3's regularly at that distance, though I had a 1.5-4.5x Kahles in EAW mounts on the particular 146 pictured.

Some other 46's and 146's for your viewing pleasure pictured below, though the Husqvarna family has grown since the picture was taken

Contact Us NitroExpress.com