k3030AI
(.224 member)
08/12/12 08:06 AM
Re: Fraser Magazine Rifle Project

Caprivi,

I like your ½” remark. Often when seeing a rather nice American style custom rifle, myself or Mr. Coker will comment “There’s a Fraser in there somewhere” (usually a race to see who gets the remark out first). The meaning being…keep going . A fine rifle isn’t finished when you have added as much as you can, but rather when you’ve removed every last bit that doesn’t need to be there. And then Americans wonder why a vintage English or Scottish rifle balances like nothing else.

I’m often amazed that so few in modern society just doesn’t “get it”. If you actually walk the woods with a rifle in hand, most of those straight stocked, hubble scope wearing, benchrest machines they call “mountain rifles” are not fun to hold on to and drag through the woods. Then slip a Fraser, Rigby, or Lee Speed in your hand and it’s a breath of fresh air that says; “let’s just keep walking”. Kinda like when someone puts a scope on a Winchester 94.

Not bashing scoped rifles, there are some that are fantastic. But in this modern era so few have a clue as to the use of the iron sight, and what a joy an iron sighted rifle is to carry in the woods. What’s more, they shoot just as straight. All you have to do is spend a little time re-learning the art of the iron sight.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com