StephenCoker
(.300 member)
05/12/12 03:01 AM
Re: Fraser Magazine Rifle Project

I think there is a bit of blending and sharing of features that come and go with the maturity of the design of the 93s and 95s. And their difference are minimal. However, you picked up on what to me is the most interesting - that being the "roundness". It is those subtle little things that contribute so heavily to both the feel and the aesthetics of Fraser's rifles. You really begin to get a since for both the little similarities and the differences across the Scottish makers. Most of them preferred "roundness" and curvature in their design and house styles. That translates across round action receivers, Fraser bolt handles, various stock panels, scalloped-back box-locks, and the shaping of front and rear sight bases. I'm working with a 96 presently for a client and am instilling some of those subtle changes to increase the roundness. I do tend to prefer the thumb cut as I enjoy carrying and utilizing stripper clips. They make an excellent way to carry spare ammunition in the field as they don't rattle around in one's pocket or pack. However, it becomes a bit of a moot point when one mounts an optic on top.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com