DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
11/12/04 03:23 AM
Re: NitroX---Whitworth Express?

4seventy , I posted to you on the other string on Blazer Doubles, but will add some here!

First off the actions are made on FN machinery bought dirrectly from FN. Interarms imported all the JUGO MK X actioned rifle to the states. The actual Whitworth African Express rifles were barreled , finished, and stocked in Mannchester. The African express rifles all had barrel mounted sling swivels,ONE cross bolt, and a SECOND recoil lug about 4" forward of the reciever ring on the bottom of the barrel. All were fitted with one standing, and two folding express sights, and a hooded front sight. The wood stocks were fitted with a Simulated ebony foreend tip, and a red recoil pad. the stocks were configured so the irons could be used easily. I have two of these rifle as we speak, and have owned them in all the chamberings they came in. Most people do not know the African exp, also came in 7mm Rem Mag. and these are rare, the other chamberings were 375 H&H, and 458 Win Mag. I have never had a problem with any that I have owned. The all have fed like quicksilver. The problem NitroX is haveing is a weak mag spring, and that rifle was one of the INTERARMS Alaskan MK Xs that was put together when the parts were no longer available from YUGO!

Interarms bought some left over Whitworth actions to finish out their run. The Interarms MK Xs were barreled in the USA, and had none of the things the true Whiteworth rifle have. The recoil lug on the barrel, swivel on the barrel, and most were fitted with aluminum WILLIAMS adjustable rear sight.

As I stated in my other post, I fitted all mine with timeny triggers, and Mod seventy type safeties. I had zero trouble out of any to these rifle, but all were true Whitworths. I changed the triggers, and safeties because I'd heard of folks haveing truble with the triggers, so I changed them, before I had a problem that would cost me more than money!

I like these rifles, and wish I could still get new ones here in the USA. The Interarms MK X Alaskan don't care for!

I EDITED THIS POST TO CLEAR UP THE CROSS BOLT ISSUE! THE WHITWORTH HAS OBLY ONE CROSS BOLT! SORRY ABOUT THAT!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com