NorthernBob
(.224 member)
30/09/12 02:23 AM
Re: 9x57 information

Thanks GK. I have some Varget and will give that a try. One of the new ones has a 23 3/4" barrel and the other is 22". I'm not sure when RCBS stopped making the 9x57 dies, but I think it has been quite a while. My dies are Redding. They too are fairly old looking even though they don't appear to have been used much. Redding still lists them as available. I bought mine at a small gun show. It surprised me to see them there.

Thanks Daryl. I was hoping you would post to this thread. My Modern Reloading book by Richard Lee has the 358 Winchester at 2390 fps max with a 250 grain bullet. I was hoping to reach 2400 fps with a 250 grain bullet if that doesn't appear to push it too much.

I took the stock off the second rifle. The proof marks are the same as the first other than this one has the date of April 1926 and the ledger number of 132. I'll have to fix a crack just back of the magazine box and try to find out how to adjust double set triggers. This one won't set the trigger and it takes some effort to use the one trigger.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com