DarylS
(.700 member)
29/02/12 12:13 PM
Re: Brno 9.3x62mm

Quote:

The gentleman doing the reboring has done several Brnos and says it will be fine. I will be adding crossbolts also. It should be a joy to carry and the recoil should not be as bad as a .375 H&H Ruger Number 1 which I enjoy shooting.

The crossbolts will most certainly help, if done well. I also had to add a recoil lug back of the sight to my first .375/06IMP, a light rifle with custom stock. The recoil was cracking the properly bedded "lightweight" Fagen Reinhart claro stock around every 1,000 rounds, just about like clock work.

After rebedding for the 3rd time, and installing the crossbolts, it took over 2,000rounds to crack the 4th time. That's when I re-bed the rifle, changed the bolts and installed the lug. That's what it took and after 15,000 rounds, the stock was still sound, if not badly battered by 3 owners and barrel was retired - I still have it ??don't knwo why. I do hope the crossbolts are all that's necessary in your rifle.

As to scopes, a 1.5 X 4X is also a great scope for such a rifle. More magnification is not necessary, although can be nice for load development. On a larger powder scope, after a load is picked, the rifle's zeros should be checked at a 3X or 4X setting, then rifle's adjustment ring taped at that setting and left alone. It's a really nasty thing to raise the rifle on a fast running animal at close range, only to find the scope set at 9X or 10X. Been there.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com