TilleyMan
(.333 member)
12/01/12 07:04 PM
Re: Brno ZKK 600 9,3x62mm Project

Sure John...

Will take some on the weekend, I'm finally back in Australia after the Ranger launch in Thailand and have some more time for projects at last!

Status is nearly all the metalwork is in the white down to 320 grit, will start on the Talley QD mounts this weekend. Coming up nicely.

Boyd's Classic pepper laminate stock has arrived, will be sent off with the barrelled action for inletting on Monday.

Remember this will be a specific Sambar rifle, and will be used hard on extended Alpine backpacking trips 'behind the gates'. I had a nice piece of fiddleback Qld walnut earmarked for this project but the scrub country is just too hard on quality timber stocks, hence the laminate... one less worry.

Once back from inletting will take the metal down to 400 grit and hot tank blue via Bob De Vries at Kudu Services to match the job he did on my ZKK600 .270 Win.

Zeiss Conquest 1.8-5.5x38mm scope has arrived and will be pretty much perfect for this calibre in low light conditions in Talley QD mounts, backed up by the pop-up peep (which is surprisingly accurate on my .270).

Contact Us NitroExpress.com