Huvius
(.416 member)
13/07/11 03:02 AM
Re: The Blixen .350 Magnum RigbyMauser

Quote:

An interesting detail is the filed down standing sight , remaining only the fold down leaves of the express sight.

That makes a lot of sense for me , because the standing blade interferes the use of the diopter sight ( unless a higher front sight is installed).

That could certainly be part of it. The diopter should correlate exactly with the express blades. For instance, on my .333, if I have the 200yd leaf up AND the peep dialed up to 200yds, the bead in the center of the peephole is positioned nicely a little above the "V" indicating the open sights are filed for a "6 O'clock" hold and the peep is for a dead on sight picture.
Also, the use of the claw mount added ON TOP of the square bridge really raises the sightline to the point that the standing sight would be unusable anyway. Too bad the bridge and barrel flat weren't used as they were intended. I guess that is a moot point on a welded up gun anyway...shame.

IMO, the .350 Rigby magnum has got to be about the perfect bolt rifle. I don't think I would be induced to part with mine any time soon.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com