DarylS
(.700 member)
21/06/11 12:51 PM
Re: 333 Jeffery

AFRO408 - such would definitley seem the case & was what stymied me for years. 9.3x57 got me intersted again in sizing down .375's for my 9.3's and we've found the process much easier than Corbin let on in their data. We also found the dies necessary, needn't cost hundreds of dollars from a 'specialty' bullet drawing, swaging company. Lee will glady make you the necessary dies, we found, for around $25.00 to $30.00 for each .003" in sizing. Indeed, their experience in this venture grows daily, and they now have a very good handle on what's necessary.

What we've found with sizing .375" bullet down to .367" and .366" for our 9.3's, is that they shoot into an inch or better, not losing any accuracy and actually get tougher and penetrate more deeply, rather then becoming innacurate or 'softer'. Whether the jacket and core separate or not, is moot, if they shoot as well and penetrate even better.

We found Hornady bonded Interbond's still stick together and didn't come apart. They had been sized/drawn .009" form stock size, to .366" from .375". That's Hornady's bonding. So far, we haven't tried Woodleigh bonded bullets (that I know of).

Contact Us NitroExpress.com