Tentman
(.300 member)
10/03/11 09:14 AM
Model B Stock

Hello Guys

I just made a purchase that on arrival has turned out to be a Mauser Model B in 7x57. The action is dated 1910, and is in very useable condition, bore has strong rifling, and is bright without pitting. Takes the no-go gauge but I hand-load, so that can be worked around. I’ll post up pictures soon.

I took a real risk on this (bought sight unseen except for the bolt) but got it for very little money. Couple of interesting points, the bottom metal has the standard military button latch (but has a sporting rifle profile) and there is a small flat at the front of the reinforce like a mini “knox form”, apparently both features that are “known” but a bit unusual.

My intention was to “part it out” but its too good for that, all numbers match, its not drilled or tapped and while it is missing its rear tangent sight it has a “period correct” receiver sight.

However the stock is pretty sad, it’s been broken (and repaired) at the wrist, and very heavily sanded, to the extent that the checkering is totally gone and the bottom metal really protrudes.

What chance is there I could find an original stock ?? Has anyone got or know of a original stock (or tangent sight) I might be able to obtain ??

Obviously if this doesn’t pan out I’ll find a “contemporary” 98 stock and modify it.

Cheers - Foster

Contact Us NitroExpress.com