TilleyMan
(.333 member)
20/10/10 06:30 AM
Re: Question on BRNO ZKK 600 details

Kudae

Thanks for the additional information... very useful, as always

We seemed to get a mix of stock configurations here in Australia... but generally received the Monte Carlo "rosewood" tipped ones, which as you say are rather garish! Agree on the timber grading, some ZKK's exhibit striking fiddleback while others are plain and soft as Balsa wood

While I've handled a few ZKK 602's I don't currently own one (just 600/601's) so didn't have one on hand to compare. I was basing my reply on seeing some ex-mil M98's that have been Bubba-converted to .375 H&H etc... we don't have a gunsmith trade course here in Australia (though I believe it was once offered...) and skills vary hugely, hence my caution.

Given that new info, the rebarrelling should be OK... someone has gone to a LOT of work if it feeds and ejects well! Be good to know who the original gunsmith was...

BTW George originally posted it had been converted to a .358 Norma Magnum, not the smaller .308 NM, so I still reckon the original .270 Win barrel profile would be pretty thin at the muzzle if rebored to .358!

Cheers

TM

Contact Us NitroExpress.com