NorthernBob
(.224 member)
13/09/10 04:24 AM
What factory made this Dorwal action?

I was hoping the experts would be able to help me out on identifying the factory that made this barrel and action. Just in front of the rear sight Germany is stamped. The top of the barrel just in front of the receiver is stamped H. Dorwal M98X8. I've found a bit of info on Dorwal, he made good quality knives in Germany. I've found a few references to similar mausers either made or resold by Dorwal. Other than the stamps above the only other marks visible with the wood on is the serial number 1249 on the right side of the receiver ring. 249 is also stamped on the side of the tang above the trigger guard, the underside of the butterknife bolt, and the rear action screw. There isn't much for proofmarks on it. The only stamps are on the bottom of the action just back of the recoil lug. Nothing at all on the barrel. Would this be a reworked military action? The barrel and action are in great shape and I was thinking of restocking it. Would this be a good action for a custom build? Any info or comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com