rigbymauser
(.400 member)
20/05/10 04:28 AM
Re: Mauser 03 & New 98's??? Jewels or Junk??

Quote:

Rigbymauser,
I have not yet, but intend to, have it sent back to Germany for claw mount preparation as the rifle has a double square bridge receiver just perfect for such an application. The stock and all other components are top notch construction and I particularly like the sites- simple and as sturdy as I have ever witnessed. Overall a phenomenal rendition of a 112 year old design- amazing how something, in this day and age, that was developed that many years ago is as relavent today as it was back then. In fact deviate from the M-98 design and you are most likely doing something wrong. Mr. Paul Mauser was quite a man.

I went for recknagels G9 mount on my .416Rigby. Scopemounts were milled out in the bridges.

The G9 solution offer versatillity, where the Suhler Einhack (SEM) is fixed on one scope, once the job is done. Just a good piece of advice from here.

The .416Rigby caliber offers versatillity in form of the great bullet selection. MY 240 grain Impalas are reaching over 3200Ft/sec and loaded with 500 grain hawks I approuch a small .500jeffery.
With that kind of caliber, its nice to put on a high magnifying scope on for the speedsters, and
short compacts for short range..if one does not use express sights. My ironsights are regulated for the heavy 450grain woodleighs @ 2300fT/sec.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com