Rick_R
(.300 member)
17/05/10 02:40 AM
Re: New (to me) Whitworth

Sorry about leaving out the vital statistics (that's what I get for posting when the little woman and I are having a few brewskies).

The rifle is chambered for .375 H&H. It has a Whitworth rollmark on the front action ring and a Whitworth marked recoil pad. There are several proof marks and .375 H&H Magnum caliber designation on the barrel and action along the woodline but it doesn't have the British "tonnes per []" " or "Whitworth Manchester" roll mark on the barrel. It does have an extra recoil lug on the barrel and it's bedded with some type of black bedding material.

It is built on a standard length Yugo action with a recess cut at the 12:00 position to assist with loading magnum length cartridges. Overall weight is about 8# and recoil isn't bad probably due to the stock design.

I've pushed that silly button and pried up, down, and out with no joy. I know it does something but it doesn't seem to be related to sight adjustments. I'm hoping it detaches the sight so I can mount a scope and see how this baby really shoots.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com