GK
(.300 member)
22/04/10 10:27 PM
Re: Lightest 98 Mauser action?

Hi Peconga,
Thanks for the detail respose. I seriously doubt that I'll ever come across a G33/40 or VZ33 action here in Australia.

Kar a or Kar az mausers do come up but they are fairly steeply priced. I looked at a Kar a today and it was a fairly battered example with no bluing and a mismatched bolt. It was a complete rifle and the asking price was nearly $1100. Apart from the price, I could not make myself pull it apart.

I already have a lightened swedish mauser and since I'm impatient, I propably buy a FN/Belgium mauser in .30/06 and see how much I can lighten it. Since most of these have the markings ground of the recievers (not sure why), they don't hold any collectors value. I have access to a milling machine so I can do some of the simpler weight loss work myself. Has anyone ever made aluminium magazine/trigger assemblies for M98's?

Tophet1,
I went and had a good look at a Port M904 today. I have to agree that they are extremely good value and superbly made. I can't stop thinking about them. It would not be suitable for my current plan but definetly worth picking one up for a full on custom job in the future.

Regards

George

Contact Us NitroExpress.com