JACKEL
(.275 member)
15/01/10 07:32 AM
Re: Finding Oberndorf Mausers in South America

Mehul, I have to thank you for posting such beatiful pictures of fine rifles (Dons rifles in particular ), I dont know if the case of the 9x63 derivates from that of the 30-06 Springfield, there where so many rare cartdridges floating arround in Germany at the time, anyway the fellow who did the reloads used 30-06 brass and 250 grain soft points for 35 Wheelen, and reloading dies for the same caliber, the rifle prints 3 shots in 4 centimeters at 100 meters distance with open sights.
I havent tested it with the scope yet, but I dont think I am going to do any better.
According to the Ernst Steigleder catalogs page posted by Lancaster above, the original loads where 246 grain hollow points, flat points, round nose and solids at arround 2559 feet per second ( nothing to sneer at!! )and another with 183 grain semi jacketed spitzer bullet at arround 2624 feet per second, but as a precaution the reloads I am using travel at arround 2100-2200 fps.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Ernesto.

Just a question I got from a friend a peep rear sight that is a complete arrangment with ejector box and is click adjustable for vindage and elevation with target knobs (it is not a Lyman ) ( it works with Mauser 98 patern rifles ) I also have the front sight wich is a banded globe with interchangeable front sights, Would it be OK to send you some pictures so you can post them and see if anybody knows in wich type of configuration of Mauser rifle did they belong ?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com