lancaster
(.470 member)
12/01/10 07:12 PM
Re: Finding Oberndorf Mausers in South America

Quote:

Quote:

Application of the law seems to be somewhat arbitrary in some quarters, too... I remember visiting my Uncle in Ecuador when they confiscated his Savage Model 24 combination gun; it was in a "military" caliber you see. The .30-30 was a ".30", and thus, military...

That is actually technically correct. There have been some US military units equipped with .30-30s, as well as some foreign militaries.

the french use the Winchester 92(?)in 30-30 for non front line troops in WW 1, side note of history.
in a real war everything making bumm is used. we know that some french 1866 chassepot needle rifle's captured in the war 1870/71 and after this reworked as carbines for the 11,2x60R mauser cartridge also see limited front line service with german tropps in WW1.

obsolete medium bore rifles are my special interest, please post so much as possible about your father's 9x63 mauser, yes I remember this. between the wars many south american countrys had have a very strong economy compared with the rest of the world.
there was a special market in south america for german guns, another member from argentina (beleg2) mention once a M 88 sporter in 7,65x53.
the first of till now four rifles in 11,2x60R I was able to locate years ago was in south america.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com