RHB
(.300 member)
15/02/09 08:38 PM
Re: ATI Mauser 98 scope base and rail.

Mehul,

Lot of information there. Thanks! I will jot it down and show it Eljefe's sister and b-i-l and have them jot down their own instructions for the optometrist before heading in that direction.

I haven't gone for a formal comp since 2003 and have sold off most of that gear. My requirements are different from the paper punching crowd, so if I do have to wear spectacles the lens will have to show the bead and rear leaf, particularly the former, in sharp focus. I could live with a temporary slight bluriness of the target at the time of aiming because I am used to that. So, do you still feel I should get two sets of glasses?

Speaking of fishing, I am almost certain that the UV radiation caused the cataracts (the one in the left eye isn't as bad) as I have never used eye protection other than my regular spectacles. As I do not want to repeat the mistake again, I have been reading up on dark glasses that are 100% UV rated and have settled on Polaroids. The lens material is tougher than polycarbonate, it polarises and is 100% UV rated for UV - A, B & C. Last but not least, they are cheaper than the big name brands. What is your opinion on this brand, if any.

Thanks.

P.S.: Since we have gone way off topic on this thread, please shunt it to an appropriate sub-forum.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com