xausa
(.400 member)
26/01/09 01:26 AM
Re: Does This Takedown System Cut the Front Receiver Ring Off?

This "gunsmithing" operation is located in Sarrebourg (German: Saarburg) a commune in the Moselle department in Lorraine in northeastern France. It lies in on the upper course of the river Sarre. (Wikipedia) This is an area which has changed hands repeatedly between France and Germany, a fact reflected by the makeup of the population.

The rifle combines what I think is worst about German stock design (Schweinsruecken, Beyerische Backe, Kaisergriff) with the nadir of French metalwork. No doubt the action is strong enough, but how can it possibly be accurate, with so little bedding area? Then there is the monstrosity of the scope and mount. The scope is much to large and fited with too many bells and whistles for a rifle of that power and the mount is clearly too weak to stand up under the recoil of the rifle combined with the weight of the scope.

I suspect the happy owner was VERY close to the animals he shot, close enough in fact to use the iron sights, because it is extremely difficult for me to believe that that outfit is capable of any kind of medium range, let alone long range, accuracy.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com