m4220
(.300 member)
15/12/08 04:13 AM
Re: 8x60 NORMAL vs 8x60S

Tinker,

I think you are right on about velocities & bullet weights but this topic is also about about education on bore size & Factory ammunition markings, so far I have concluded that factory ammo will be marked as 8x60S if loaded with the .323 dia. bullets, if the "S" designation is not marked on the box the bullets are likely to be .318 dia. I wanted to help educate those shooting factory ammo in there guns to be aware of these markings on the ammo as we don't wish to see anyone hurt or these great rifles hurt due to excessive presures generated by pushing a .005 larger dia. bullet through their .318 bore! Looks like the "normal" refers to powder charge & D- or H- or N- have to do with the bullet design & weight. Anyone agree with my summary so far? I am really looking forward and hope others will join in to help dispel the myth's surrounding this great cartridge!
By the way has anybody ever seen a factory box marked Magnum or Magnum Bombe? I have only seen the one box that I purchased (Expensive at the Time).

m4220

Contact Us NitroExpress.com