SharpsNitro
(.375 member)
01/12/08 11:37 AM
Re: Advice on a .275 Rigby

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Be very very carefull.

It would be in your interest to post pictures here and see what people have to say.

Bramble

Why do you say that ?

Because IMHO there are a lot of snide BA rifle around being passed off as things that they are not.

I have seen stuff pass through auctions at prices that indicate that for the current condition of the gun, the only way the price would be justified is to retain maker engraved items and to replace (fake) the rest.
This situation can only be made worse by the lack of access to some makers records. As Peter published the other day, he put the serial number of this Bonneville moter bike into Westley Richards site and got a manufacture date!!

I did not understand from the origional post that the vendor and purchaser were known to each other so this cannot apply here.

Regards

No problem, I appreciate any advice I can get. To add a little more information on the rifles that the seller told me (I think I have this right, I wasn't paying full attention at the time). The rifles were purchased from the WJ Jeffery table at an SCI convention several years ago.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com