Mark_Dube
(.224 member)
19/11/08 11:17 AM
Re: Westley Richards 318

Here is aphoto and details of zimhunter's 375 mentioned above:

Here is a pretty good shot of my Westley Richards/Mauser single square bridge. It shows fairly well the relief that has been milled to the front ring and the square bridge. It was originally a 318 Accellerated Express and is so marked on the left side of the front ring. Bottom metal is original Mauser but off a 10.75. Rifle is now a 375H&H. Bolt is the original with rather unusual ,to me, engraving as no other part of the action is engraved. Back of bolt knob is flat in a perfect circle and is checkered inside the circle. Have never seen another bolt exactly like this one. Cocking piece now has one of Rusty Marlins excellent Rigby style adjustable peeps. Left side of ring is marked 'W.R - 318' under the number 40041 and under that is ' ACCELERATED EXPRESS'. The safety lever has the word SAFE inlaid in gold. Cannot remember if there are any markings on the bottom of the action. Have no idea where the action originated as I bought it as a barreled action less bottom metal from a good friend. Barrel was done by David Miller and is a nice 26" barrel with integral 1/4 rib with banded ramp front and barrel band front swivel. Stock is nice piece of English Walnut that was turned for me by Curt Crum. All in all it turned out to be a pretty nice rifle in probably my all time favorite caliber.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com