GPJ12345
(.300 member)
09/08/16 02:53 AM
Mauser commission 88 rifle charger clips/ammo feature/web

Good day to all members.
Here is a photo of the charger clip ( Mannlicher style) of the Mauser commission rifle . Notice the web/link in the extractor groove of the round lying outside the charger clip. There is a web/link on the sides of the round in the extractor groove. Am I correct if I presume these webs/links were there to align the round in the charger clip?
This charger clip worked differently ( Mannlicher) than the later Mauser military charger clips M98 models?

I really would like to hear from members in this regard.

Regards

Gert Odendaal
godendaal@hotmail.com

GPJ12345
(.300 member)
09/08/16 03:46 PM
Re: Mauser commission 88 rifle charger clips/ammo feature/web

I have enlarged the photo to see if it is actually a type of partition/rib in the extractor groove....yet it is difficult to be sure..can it be that the light is creating this feature?

Huvius
(.416 member)
09/08/16 11:21 PM

Certainly looks that way - and the bevel at the open end of the clip holds the case shoulder.
I assume these clips insert all the way into the action magazine just as a Mannlicher clip would rather than the '98 stripper clip which just holds the cartridges inline to press into the magazine thus stripping them off of the clip in the process.

drhall762
(.224 member)
10/08/16 12:23 AM

That is how mine load.

Vladymere
(.300 member)
11/08/16 07:43 AM

I was not aware that Mauser made Model 88 Commission rifles. I believe that they where awarded a contract to make sights for the Gew.88 but not rifles. A great disappointment to the Mauser brothers.
I am not aware of any Mauser made rifles that used a Mannlicher style clip either.

Vlad

Contact Us NitroExpress.com