eagle27
(.400 member)
01/05/23 09:55 AM
Re: 9.3x62 Mauser Stutzen by DORLEAC

As usual, beautiful and masterful work from Joel.
I did have a chuckle over your 'disclaimer' last sentence. Although I spent a year in old West Germany back in the early 80's hunting and shooting with a variety of guns, some Ferlach bespoke, I could never really come to grips with some of the scope choices and setups on my friends rifles and to be honest I couldn't see that European hunting was overly different from what I had been used to here in NZ, albeit we use spotlights for night shooting.
I did one driven hunt in Germany and plenty of hochsitz hunts plus a bit of forest sitting and stalking. I have used all these styles in my own country at various times using average type scopes QD ring mounted as low as possible.
Anyway each to his own and as you say, you build to customer wants.

Just a thought and question, would you or have you ever refused to undertake a customers styling or fitment request on a bespoke gun? Obviously the customer generally gets what he wants and is prepared to pay for but a bespoke gun and accessories is a reflection of your work and presumably you have a standard or boundary where you would not be comfortable compromising your reputation on?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com