DORLEAC
(.333 member)
23/02/23 03:22 AM
9.3x62 Mauser Stutzen by DORLEAC

I haven't posted on this Forum for some time; work and…hunting are the cause!
Here is a rifle built to meet the requirements of a client and friend who hunts in the forests of Eastern Europe.
It is a 9.3x62 "Stutzen" [stocked to the muzzle as our English friends say] with a 22" barrel fitted to a commercial pre-war Original Mauser action that left the Oberndorf factory with a rear square bridge slotted for Mauser own rear claw mount fitting.
The customer wanted two different scopes on a single claw mount, an exigency that was a challenge. He also wanted to keep the original flag safety while needing a side thumb safety for scope use.
Indeed the iron sights had to be perfectly regulated for two different distances using 280 grains loads.
To scope that stutzen we have mounted a Zeiss HT 1.1-4x24 with illuminated reticle and a vintage Swarovski AV 3-9x36 R4A.
The rifle had to be fully blued while we had to embellish it with a discreet classic engraving, a job that Florent Viale, our engraver, did masterfully.
I won't go into more detail about this realization; the pictures are a better way for that.
Even if it retains our usual style, don't forget that it has been designed specifically for continental hunting.
I know that this does not correspond to Anglo-Saxon standards and that some will be quick to dislike a specification or the choice of optics, but the important thing for us is to satisfy the client's request by doing our best.

Regards to all.

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

Contact Us NitroExpress.com