eagle27
(.400 member)
13/10/22 12:35 PM
Re: 7X57

Quote:

Quote:

Changed the scope to Z3 Swaro, same physical size as the Leupold 2.5x8. Both excellent scopes but I like the Z3 focus better.
I know I could run a bit warmer but the Norma brass that I originally bought was showing pressure signs so I left it at 2750.
Has worked fine on lots of Sambar.

I've a feeling I was using WW brass in my #1 7x57. I was running 2,940fps with 140's with sub moa accuracy and no pressure signs through case expansion measurements. Using IMR4320. Wonderful accuracy.

I would like to buy that rifle back from the fellow with whom I traded it.

Winchester cases in general have a little more capacity than other brands or so I have found with 7mm-08 and 7mm WSM brass, hence can achieve higher velocity with normal pressures using suitable powder.

I too used IMR4320 powder in my BSA 7x57, 45.0grs with the Speer SP 145gr bullet in the Norma brass available about 35 odd years ago. This accurate load gave me an average 2864fps from the 24" barrel and was a good killer on red deer and chamois.
Although the above load showed normal pressures in my rifle I would caution about starting at this level in any rifle.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com