NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
02/07/22 09:13 PM
Re: 10,75x63 by Rodda Calcutta

Quote:

Quote:

I'm interested if any of our members have used the .422" Woodleign 350 gr projectiles on game? How did they perform? Fragile or hold together well? Perhaps used in a .404 Jeffery?

From Kuduae's comments those .44 bullets sized down would probably perform to similar as in a .444 or similar?

Not the .422 350gr Bullet, but I shot one buffalo with the cartridge 10.75x68 and a caliber .423 347gr FMJ bullet from Woodleigh. With a perfect shot placement it went without any problems, but the year before I had shot two buffalos with the classic thin jacketed 22.5g FMJ bullet from RWS, and that was also no problem.

Nevertheless, I consider this cartridge, no matter what bullet, to be marginal for hunting big game, and I am not the only one, in Africa as well as in India. That is another topic.

Thanks. I know your opinions. I think any Woodleigh FMJ will perform given adequate sectional density and velocity achieved.

Woodleigh has always tested it's bullets well. In particular on real big game, water buffalo. Some FMJs were reintroduced as beefed up thicker stronger jackets. Perhaps because if some failures? Maybe more specifically for elephant? A business that responds to needs.

I'm pretty sure the 347/350 gr Woodleigh Weldcores .423/.422 bullets designed for the x68mm velocities will hold together adequately. But good to have actual experiences reported.

I thought the bullet failures from x68 old vintage ammo was from too fragile SP bullets? Not FMJs?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com