Huvius
(.416 member)
24/09/20 10:55 AM
H. Mahillon 416 Rigby

I just took delivery of this H. Mahillon 416.
A few years ago, I sold a Mahillon 416 Rigby that was a pre war gun built on an original square bridge magnum Mauser action.
I really liked that rifle but it did have some little things that I wish it hadn’t. The forend was quite thick, the bolt knob rested right up against the wood and it honestly belted me much harder than I liked. The stocking looked and felt proper but that one for some reason really packed a wollop!
Still, I kinda wished I had held onto it.

A year or so ago I came across another Mahillon, this one a post war rifle built on an FN action in 9.3X62. I really like that rifle - shoots great and has many high end features although it is a bit rough.

To my surprise, this most recent rifle, the second 416 I’ve had, is just two serial numbers away from the 9.3 and also built on a standard length FN action. A perfect Safari pair!
The work done to fit the 416 cartridges is quite slick and very well executed. Holds four down and one in the spout too!
Just mounting and swinging this rifle, it’s easy to see why Selby liked his 416 so much!

Will post pics soon

Contact Us NitroExpress.com