DORLEAC
(.333 member)
23/09/19 11:38 PM
Re: 308W Mauser Stutzen by DORLEAC

Of course the intermediate Mauser action isn't the most common system produced at Oberndorf.
There are military versions including the 7.65×53 1909 Peruvian that use the same type of action but for commercial original versions I have only encountered them chambered for the 7x57 round.
The one used here is quite special since it's both solid wall and square bridge.
I got it in dismantling a butchered rifle that had been re-barreled in 6,5x57 since, until a few years ago, the 7x57 was considered a military cartridge and banned in France.
We try to maintain a small stock of original commercial Mauser systems but it becomes everyday more difficult, the owners thinking they have an extremely valuable rifle when it bears the Mauser Werke or Waffenfabrik Mauser marks…!
If you add the purchase price to the working time for true blue printing, I understand why many colleagues opt for the easing of modern manufacture clones.
Fortunately for us there isn't yet intermediate length action produced.
As a reminder, the majority of "real" .275 Rigby made before the war used such an intermediate action ... nothing to do with their current production which is an unfortunate copy, bigger and heavier and which does not have the charm of true period stalking rifles.

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

Contact Us NitroExpress.com