DORLEAC
(.333 member)
12/02/19 04:40 AM
Kurz Original Mauser going 250-3000 by DORLEAC & DORLEAC

Having sold my tack driver Creedmoor Kurz Mauser to a friend whose I cannot refuse anything => http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat....rt=all&vc=1 I realized that I could not live without one of these Mauser Kurz rifle I like so much.
Being lucky to still have in stock an excellent original square bridged kurz action I decided to return to fundamentals by opting for the classic 250-3000.
I'm not a fan of too short barrels that's why I chose a 24½" Lothar Walther match grade barrel blank with 1/10" twist to be able to use 120 grains bullets.
Having in hand a type A Mauser rear sight taken from a salvaged rifle the front sight was built according to this element and each folding leaf patiently regulated (…at least for the first three!) at the range.
Now finished in white I'm not sure that this Kurz Mauser requires an ornamental engraving but I leave myself a moment of reflection for this subject.
As for the scope, Kahles having unfortunately ceased the commercialization of its 2-7x36 CT and Swarovski suspending the production of its Z3 and Z5 scopes I will opt for one of their light 3-9 x36 Z3 which I made available before they can not be found anymore (I have ordered a batch of Z3 and Z5 the very day that I learned about their disappearance from the range of Swaro scopes)
I will appreciate your comments on this project.

Regards to all.

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

Contact Us NitroExpress.com