rpeck
()
05/08/18 12:08 AM
Re: Brno ZG-47 Fullstock

Quote:

I agree with justcurious.
The Hensoldt scope has been fitted in Germany, perhaps by Gustav Genschow & Co.
Claw mounts treatment is typical of German trade.
I have seen and sold a lot of BRNO 21/22 and the factory scoped ones usually bear a Zeiss Jena glass on special mounts of the same kind found later on the ZKK rifles.
However a well done German claw mount is a nice addition on such a fine rifle.

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

DORLEAC, I accept your opinion. I really don't mind if the scope was mounted outside the factory because it was very well done and that is what counts to me.

I have owned several Brno 21F rifles.

- I had a very early post-war version from 1945 in like new condition. I sold it to a Brno 21F collector who unfortunately will likely never shoot it.

- Another one I bought very cheaply (at a small local gunshow, along with a very cheap 1914 Oberndorf Mauser Model S, see last photo)) only to later discover that the Brno stock was cracked in typical Mauser fashion through the area behind the recoil lug with the crack continuing through the rear of the stock and wrist behind the receiver. I could have easily repaired it with glass bedding but instead I sold it (with full "crack disclosure")...This latter rifle (see 2nd to last photo) was lacking the bolt guide rib and clip loading slot, as do many (but obviously not all) Brno rifles of this vintage.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com