Wanabebwana
(.300 member)
26/04/17 11:01 AM
Re: My new Husqvarna 146

Thanks Daryl. The hardest part was removing 7 decades of oil from the unsealed,untreated inletting. 2 months in an acetone bath. Worth it because the stock was not cracked, not even a hairline at the tang. I live 1hr away from Tradex and for every one of the 8 eight rifles I bought for me and my friends I rejected 5. I look for a sharp shiny bore, and wood with tight inletting that can be refinished without repair or excessive sanding.The checkering has to be 90% or better and the metal with no pitting or discoloration,deep scratches or dings.No bolt modifications or drilled and tapped holes.I have 2 9.3x57s, a 9.3x62 and an 8x57 and I cannot stress what incredible value these guns are.
I will enjoy them in their original condition with maybe some sight and trigger tweaking. If I need a scoped hunting rifle I have several to choose from for ground squirrels to elephants.
I took apart a friend's BRNO 21H last week and my first impression went right out the window when I saw how the stamped steel magazine box was designed and made.This BRNO has a market value of 3 times what I paid for a Husky. The ZG47 however has a much better designed bottom metal, not FN quality but something I can live with.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com