Kammerherren
(.224 member)
02/10/15 06:06 PM
Re: My latest Mauser project

I don't intend to have a scope mounted on this rifle. The only reason I want a straight comb and buttstock is as you say, for better recoil management. The pre WW2 stock designs are in my opinion really good looking, and they handle very well with low recoil rifles, but they are really painful with larger calibre rifles. A peep sight is a very good alternative to standard iron sights, and I have not concluded yet, but since the barrel already are prepared for iron sights, I want to have some installed. A peep sight could be added in addition on the rear end of the action. A bolt shroud pop up peep sight is really sweet looking, but I believe it is more cost-effective to have the peep sight installed on the action, and I guess it is more rugged as well. This rifle is not going to be cheap, but I don’t want to go all the way either…. I like my rifles to be good looking but still useable, in a way where I’m not afraid of using them even when the sun is not shining….. Our hunting season involves quite a lot of bad weather.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com