Kammerherren
(.224 member)
02/10/15 04:22 AM
My latest Mauser project

I am about to have a new rifle project started, based on an old Oberndorf action. It is serial number 102431, so I believe it is produced between 1928-1931. I don't think the barrel is as old as the action, but I really don’t know the history of the barrel. It looks newer.... The main objective is to have a new stock made, since the original is missing. In addition, the gunsmith needs to address the metal finish and some new sights need to be installed. I took the liberty of borrowing a picture from Lancaster, (I hope you can forgive me….) because this shows the rear sight I would like to have fitted on the barrel. Anyone out there who knows where I can find something like this?

I am not that fond of recoil, so I plan on designing the buttstock more “modern” than it was originally, back in 1928. Since this is a Mauser chambered for a very classic German cartridge,(10,75x68) I want the rifle to look German, so I believe I will keep the “side panels” around the action that was very common back in the days. I have seen some newly made rifles with a stock as described, so I believe there are other people out there that have had the same priorities/desires as I do.

I’ll add some more pictures later on as soon as the gunsmith start working on the project. This could take a while….. Meanwhile, I include some pictures of the parts as they are now.

To be continued.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com