NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
14/04/15 03:59 PM
Re: John Rigby - London Best, .450 Rigby "Elephant Charge"

One reason for these rifles being more elaborate is probably because they are coming from the London Best range from the bespoke workshop.

Customers wanting a good plain usuable rifle can and are purchasing the "Big Game" model of rifles in single square bridge action in .416 and .450 Rigby cartridges, or double square bridge action in .375 H&H Mag and .416 Rigby cartridges. These "Big Game" rifles are very popular and have been selling in considerable numbers per the comments made to me by Marc, the CEO of Rigby.

Customers wanting something extra, are commissioning a barrelled action supplied by Mauser, to be build by the London workshop into something of their choice. The "Shikar" rifle and the "Elephant Charge" rifle are per the customers specifications and interests.

It would be possible for a customer to ask for a plain rifle to be made for them of the old Rigny classic shape and design many on NE like, and I would have no doubt customers will also ask for that in the future. So it is really up to the customers choice and wallet. But in the meantime we do have the excellent and very usuable Big Game rifles readily available and some examples of the Rigby London Best workshop to admire.

I have some production photos of the Rigby Rising Bite double rifle also to share here on NE in the near future.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com