mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
10/04/14 03:16 AM
Re: Rigby - the Good Old Days are Back

A request for peace here - all of the gentlemen involved are friends. I do consider Joel a good friend and have been privileged to see many of his magnificent creations. He has always been happy to share his own guns as well as original masterpieces. I have also known him to be very complimentary about other great gunmakers - someone who is close to Steven Dodd-Hughes and Darcy Echols and to the Grainger establishment in France, has to have tremendous standing. As a result, Joel's disappointment with the form of the new Rigby guns is not out of any negative intention, but out of a sadness that the new Rigby owners chose not to follow the company's great historical design traditions. I think this is a view to be respected, as it comes from someone with a demonstrated ability to produce some of the finest bolt action rifles being built today.

My young friend Morten, on the other hand, has also apprenticed with a very prestigious London name. I know of his passion for British guns. We have had many discussions on the current state of gunmaking in the past. As a young man, he clearly enjoys a newer direction, and would like to give Rigby time to get their products right.

I hope we can continue discussing fine guns. And, I sincerely hope that the gentlemen involved here will continue to post regularly. Arguments are fine, as long as we are ready to have a drink and celebrate afterwards. When we meet, I'll be the one buying the drinks.

Good hunting, everyone!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com