NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
03/04/14 01:28 AM
Re: Rigby - the Good Old Days are Back

Quote:

So this means Rigby is back being made in England and not California ? Or am I behind the times?

It should be interesting to see the three models lined up side by side. (Not that I could afford one mind you) To me the early Rigby is the pinnacle of hunting rifle style. Beautiful because of its simplicity.

The John Rigby of London Gunmaker is a UK based gunmaker, owned substantially by Mauser and that group of gunmakers.

The old "California Rigby" is well and truly gone. The brand name was sold to some Texan investors, and then later sold to Mauser.

The actions of the rifles are Mauser Magnum actions. There is a gunmaking facility in the UK owned by Rigby with UK gunmaking staff. I hope we can show you on the NE forums photos and information on the UK gunmaking operations in the future.

BTW some of the original Rigby rifles were simply rebadged Mauser rifles from comments.

I too love the old vintage Rigby rifles and would love to own one or more myself. Their simple and classic styling is exceptional. But per reports, some here on NE recently and in the past, stocks did take a hammering and many failed under the OLD design. I am eager to see the new creation of the Vintage styling and hope it is comparable. The Vintage range will be to a more limited clientele, as I was informed it will have a higher price.

I think constructive comments are listened to and influence decisions.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com