Rule303
(.450 member)
18/06/11 10:11 AM
Re: a 404 Rigby

Speaking of speaking ill of a firearm. I am the opposite to HuntingS. I did not post for a while because I thought of everybody as being to nice. No one seemed to speak their mind and give honest feed back. I like the comment about "boat paddle" but the FFS I agree is not needed. Any way I like the boat paddle, bit like the stock on an old Lithgow 303 conversion to 22Hornet that I have.

What I am trying to say is to me there is nothing wrong with negative comment if it is A) Constructive critism B) Pointing out percieved/known faults or weaknesses, or just sayin that something is not your cup of tea. I have learnt a bit about H&H and Rigby from reading this thread.

I am not keen on the safety and rear of the bolt, but have never liked the look of the rear end of military Mauser Bolts but love the looks of the Win 70 style safety/backend of bolts. I find the front sight quirky but functional and like it. Yep liking the Slazenger(Lithgow) Hornet shows I am a bit quirky as does my reason for not posting for a while. Like others have said I would have the rifle as a work gun but the price would have to be right.

Those who know please correct me if I am wrong but the stock looks similar to current CZ550's in big bore calibres.

Cheers
Greg

Contact Us NitroExpress.com