Levallois
(.300 member)
17/05/22 03:24 AM
Want to get back in the Mannlicher game....

I was going through some boxes and came up with 214 factory rounds of 6.5x54 along with along with 200 Sierra Matchking bullets. It reminded me that I had a sweet little 1903 about 25 years ago. I loved that little carbine but couldn't get the accuracy I wanted and was impatient so I foolishly sold it. Now that I have thinned the heard quite a bit and I am only keeping and acquiring the good stuff, I want to get another one. I am trying to get a handle on the current value of the pre-war 1903s. Also, my eyes are telling me that I should get one with a scope this time. The factory scoped rifles seem to be pretty spendy. The more modern additions, if they were done right might fit the bill but I need to know how much a non-factory installed scope detracts from the value. Based on the prices I have seen for a few of these some sellers do not believe it takes away from the value at all. I really just want a nice shooter rather than a collectible piece. I do not plan on selling this one but I don't want to overpay either. Any advice, words of wisdom, etc. will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Best,
John

Contact Us NitroExpress.com