Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
07/11/21 06:45 AM
Re: Fraser 1893 Takedown

Be very careful as that rifle has been for sale on and off for almost ten years. Originally he wanted over $5K for it. I asked him to send me photos and to start with he said he didn't know how to send any, so I said no thanks. He then learned how to but sent these really poor quality ones from his mobile phone so again I said no thanks as I couldn't tell condition or how good the modification was. Then he learned how to take good quality photos and I could see why he didn't want to show them first time round. I would be very careful buying it if I was you.

As to bore condition, most 1895's have been shot using early ammunition which produced a lot of heat and as a consequence often have severe throat erosion which doesn't show up easily if you look with the naked eye, only a bore scope will tell.

As Marrakai said brass can be formed from 303 brass or alternatively Bertram makes correctly head stamped brass. Clips can be found on eBay on and off. Here is a link to a guy in Holland selling some, I have bought quite a number of clips off him and most were excellent, almost as new.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282763112935?hash=item41d5feb1e7:g:UlIAAOSwPAxaKKmt&frcectupt=true

Hope this helps.

Matt.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com